thirst.io is a brand and product of BuildEmpire, created and maintained by a team of BuildEmpire staff. If you submit your contact details to us your information will be stored on a thirst.io database and kept separate to our BuildEmpire clients. This way we can make sure we don’t send you anything which is not relevant to you.
We process your personal data on the basis of your consent (in relation to sending you marketing information following your submitted request through our site), (alternatively or additionally) for our legitimate interests of promoting, growing and developing our business and, where you are a customer, in order to perform our obligations under the contract between us.
thirst.io is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should you decide to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
thirst.io may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 11/11/2019.
what we collect
Our online forms collect the following information, and we store this information in our CRM – we use ‘Intercom‘ for this (see 3rd party applications for more info):
- Email address
- Organisation name
If you go on to register for and use our application for a free trial, we will also collect the following information:
- Your user journey through the application, we collect this information using ‘Fullstory‘ (see 3rd party applications for more info).
If you go on to purchase a subscription, we will collect:
- Payment details – we use ‘Stripe‘ to do this.
what we do with the information
If you choose to submit your contact details to us, we will use them in the following ways:
- If you have signed up to a free trial or subscribed to our software, we will use your details to set this up for you and to communicate with you about your free trial. We may contact you over email (using Mailchimp or Intercom) or telephone.
- If you have submitted a contact form on our website, we will use your contact details to respond to your enquiry and communicate with you about this.
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- If you have had a free trial or subscription with us, we may also contact you to invite you to participate in market research to improve our services through your feedback. You will be given the option to accept or decline this interaction with is.
- If you sign up to our blog newsletter, we will send you our latest blog posts and content which we believe will be useful to you. If you change your mind about hearing from us in this way you can unsubscribe at any point by either contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org or clicking ‘unsubscribe’ at the bottom of any automated email from us.
- If you have subscribed to our services, we will use your information to contact you about your account e.g. subscription expiry, or password reset, or to take payment.
- We also encourage customers to feedback to us about any features they would like to see improved or any bugs they come across, so we can constantly improve our services. To do this we use an integration with ‘Userfeed‘ within our chat box (see 3rd party apps).
3rd party applications we use
We use Stripe for processing the payments of our subscribers. For more information about how they use and collect data please see: https://stripe.com/gb/privacy
Stripe has certified to the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework and employs additional compliance measures to ensure an adequate level of protection of personal data transferred outside the European Economic Area. https://support.stripe.com/questions/protection-of-european-data-transfers
We use Userfeed to allow our customers to feed directly back to us about features they would like us to develop and to report any bugs to us quickly. If you choose to submit feedback to use via Userfeed and would like to know more about how they process data, please see:
Fullstory is provided by Fullstory, Inc. We use Fullstory to analyse how you use our application so that we can constantly improve our user experience. This also means that if you need assistance using the app, we can look back at your session and offer help and guidance. You can prevent Fullstory from using your information for analytics purposes by opting-out. To opt-out of Fullstory service, please visit this page: https://www.fullstory.com/optout/
Slack is our internal communications tool. We may set up integrations between the above 3rd party applications and Slack so that we can receive important notifications directly into Slack, e.g. a new message from a customer. We may also use Slack to communicate essential customer details to each other, e.g. the name of a customer asking for assistance, so we can put you in touch with the best person who can help. For more information about how Slack handles data please see: https://slack.com/intl/en-gb/privacy-policy
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. To prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the use of your personal information in the following ways:
- If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at: email@example.com
- If you are receiving automated emails which you no longer wish to receive you can unsubscribe at any time using the link at the bottom of the email.
- We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
- You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the General Data Protection Regulation 2018. This information will be supplied free of charge. If you would like a copy of the information held on you, please write to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
You have the right to confidentiality under the Data Protection Act 2018 (DPA), the Human Rights Act 1998, and the General Data Protection Regulation 2018. You also have the right to ask for a copy of all records we hold about you. Your request must be made in writing and you will need to give adequate information (for example full name, email address, etc). We will provide this information free of charge and are required to respond to you within one month. You will be required to provide identification before any information is released to you.
You will be asked to provide the following:
- The personal information you want to access.
- Where it is likely to be held.
- The date range of the information you wish to access.
You have the right to rectify your information; if you think anything in your record is inaccurate, please let us know. You have the right to restrict how we process your information and you can also request that we remove your information from our records altogether.
We will keep your information as long as you are subscribed to our application. If you unsubscribe and stop using our services, we may keep your information for up to 3 years before it is purged. This will help us understand how people are using our product if they re-subscribe within 3 years. If you would like us to remove your data from our system sooner than this after your subscription ends, please contact us and we will be happy to do this for you.
If you would like further information on your rights or wish to exercise them, please write to us at the BuildEmpire postal address or email: email@example.com
In the first instance, please talk to us directly so we can resolve any problem or query. You also have the right to contact the Information Commissions Office (ICO) if you have any questions about Data Protection. You can contact them using their helpline 0303 123 113 or at: www.ico.org.uk