Who are thirst?
thirst is transforming the learning technologies industry by building an accessible, innovative, and engaging learning platform that focuses on skills, personalisation, and an industry-leading user experience.
We’re a fresh product revolutionising a stale market, backed by a business that has been operating in the Learning and Development software for two decades.
What is the role?
We are building out our sales and marketing team and have some very exciting opportunities available for a proven sales development representative to expand our product reach and support the sales manager.
You’ll need strong communication skills, and a desire to win. You’ll be empowered to sell our product to prospective business customers and build a successful sales engine from the ground-up. Working as part of a fast-growing team of top-calibre marketing, sales, and tech experts, you’ll have the chance to be part of a revolutionary start-up and will look to continuously iterate and improve our sales processes and efforts.
You’ll be responsible for nurturing relationships, generating a pipeline, running demos, and ultimately closing deals.
The role will be based in our Manchester city centre office but provides a flexible hybrid working approach.
What we’re looking for
● To have a drive to meet and exceed sales goals
● Strong ability to take initiative and confidently direct customer
● Confident to sell into mid-market organisations starting with
discovery, building, and managing relationships, through to the close
● Acquire new business by building a network of customers and
industry contacts to facilitate sales development and success.
● Demonstrate modern and innovative selling techniques
● Run product demos and discovery sessions with prospects.
● Develop referrals by building long-term strategic relationships.
● Strong organisational and time management skills
● Minimum 2 years relevant experience in sales
● Excellent communication and presentation skills
● Committed to overachievement – you have a “never quit” attitude
and get buy-in to overachieve against targets regardless of the
adversity being faced.
● Someone who has proven consultative sales solution skills.
● Experience using sales and marketing automation (i.e., HubSpot) with
ideas and approaches to sales productivity challenges
The important part; the benefits
● A competitive base salary with a commission structure that can be realistically achieved.
● Huge progression opportunities within an expanding and fast-moving tech business.
● An elegant and vibrant office in Manchester part of WeWork with fantastic additional benefits
● Flexible work from home opportunities.
● Half-day Fridays!
● 24 days’ holiday, plus public holidays.
● Relaxed dress code.
● Unbeatable social events.
● Employer-matched pension scheme (4%).
Why join thirst?
Here are some of the reasons you will love working here:
● A team of amazing people.
● We are committed to hiring the right people and maintaining our culture as we grow.
● We make sure you’ll have an impact.
● We support learning and development and personal growth.
● Fast-growing start-up feel.
● We go above and beyond to help each other.
● We love to celebrate our success as a team.
● We look after you, the person, believing that everyone should be healthy and happy in their role.